Experience & Technology
In recent years we have seen a massive deployment of smart metering systems in Europe. These systems require bidirectional telecommunication between the smart meters and the electricity distribution companies that, with the maximum guarantee of integrity and security, allow remote access to the electricity smart meters and flexible control of the demanded power.
ZIV is a pioneer in the development and deployment of smart grid solutions. Such an experience and technologial capacity allows us to cope with new challenges and to be flexible and agile. ZIV offers a broad range of meters that communicate via Power Line Communications (PLC), Radio or LTE 4G.
It is an active member of main metering alliances: PRIME PLC, G3 PLC, METERS & MORE, ZIGBEE.
Smart Metering systems offer many options and capabilities that were not possible with traditional meters. These range from remote load shedding and meter reading to time of use tariffs and power quality measurement. Depending on the technical functionality or grid characteristics, different communication architectures may be required. To ensure interoperability between different players and applications, the use of existing open standards is recommended.
A broad range of smart metering equipment from single phase meters for residential use up to sophisticated and accurate high precision meters for large consumers, in addition to all the necessary communication devices to enable Automatic Meter Management.
- AMI Over PLC
- Radio Solutions
- LTE 4G
- Multi-utility systems
- Customized cabinet integration
- Flexible family of meters with a broad range of functions Smart meters integrate energy measurements, load profile and Time of Use (TOU) features, as well as local and remote communications capabilities.
- Smart meters are automatically activated in the network and central MDM system (plug & play).
- Breaking and reconnection elements for remote switching operation, power control and demand-side management. Utilities in charge of electricity, water and/or gas distribution can optimize their investments in an advanced metering infrastructure.
- Data concentrators may include a built-in three-phase meter to monitor the LV section of the distribution transformer.
- Standard protocols and interoperability
- Tampering detection functions.
- Flexibility, designed to fit your needs.
- ZIV owns the technology embedded in the AMI products
- Advanced diagnostic tools.
- Efficient data transfer optimized for communications over noisy lines.
- Compact, easy-to-install and ruggedized devices.
ZIV DCUs include an advanced low voltage supervisor and Powerline Communication (PLC) controller with network monitoring functions, in addition to remote smart meter management functions.
Smart meter management
The main function of a Data Concentrator Unit (DCU) is to continuously poll the metering devices connected to the same secondary substation where it is connected. The retrieved meter data is stored in the DCU and periodically sent to the Management System.ZIV DCU model implements identification and removal of meters (plug and play), supervision and control, synchronization of meters, programmable tasks, and many other functions.
PLC communications controller
They implement protocols widely accepted in smart metering such as DLMS to carry readings and web services to communicate with the utility MDM frontend.
The low voltage supervision function is performed by an internal three-phase energy meter, monitoring the secondary of the distribution transformer. 4CCT offers easy interaction with this meter, similar to the other meters in the network.
Remote firmware upgrade, WEB/CLI configuration, connection to ZIV AMI MANAGER debugging tool, NTP synchronization, hardware watchdog, SNMP management, access control.
As experts in metering, we also develop intelligent EV charging solutions compatible with Charge Management Systems
- Domestic/public use: PRV-M is a smart, versatile, wall mounted electric vehicle charging station suitable for private or semi-public spaces
- Public Use: PRV-VP is a smart, versatile, floor mounted electric vehicle charging station ideal for public usage. Designed to charge two vehicles simultaneously.