Serial to IP encapsulation and 104 – 101 Gateway functionality
Basic encapsulation function: point-to-point connection between two serial devices over TCP/IP networks.
104-101 Gateway function: conversion between 60870-5-104 protocol (control center side) and 60870-5-101 protocol (RTU side).
- 1 or 2 Fast Ethernet (optical/electrical) ports.
- 1 or 3 serial ports.
- Cellular 2G, 3G or 4G interface.
- 1 service serial port.
- Serial to IP encapsulation on wired interface.
- Serial to IP encapsulation on GPRS network.
- Cellular IP router for access to an IEC 60870-5-104 RTU.
- Gateway via WAN interface for access to an IEC 60870-5-101 RTU.
- Gateway via Ethernet interface for access to an IEC 60870-5-101 RTU.
- One or two 10/100Base-Tx ports (RJ-45) or one 10/100Base-Tx port ( RJ-45) & one 10/100Base-Fx multimode port (MT-RJ or LC).
- 1 asynchronous serial port (COM1) with female DB9 standard connector (DCE) configurable for RS-232 or RS-485 (2-wire or 4-wire) interface.
- 2 additional asynchronous serial ports (COM2 & COM3) with female DB9 standard connector (DCE) configurable for RS-232 interface.
- 1 optional 2G, 3G & 4G cellular interface with up to two external for Mini Sim (2FF) cards.
- 1 service serial port (DCE) with female DB9 standard connector.
104-101 Gateway characteristics
- Coexistence of connections from multiple 104 control centers in the same 101 RTU.
- Selection of the operation parameters of the APCI layer, according to IEC 60870-5-104 standard.
- Explicit filtering of the control centers (CC) allowed for the management of the RTU.
- Selection of 101 profile operation parameters, according to IEC 60870-5-3 standard.
- Operation of the IEC 60870-5-2 protocol in balanced mode.
- Selection of the operation mode of the 101 interface with the RTU.
- Selection of the direction of communication of the 101 interface with the RTU.
- Optional simple digital object, which reflects the status changes of the 101 link. For a 104 control center this digital object will belong to the database of the RTU connected to the 104-101 Gateway.
- Programmable automatic time synchronization of the RTU by the SIP-3.
- Optional ASDU queue per RTU.