Protection relay for distribution feeders, transformers and generators, transmission line backup, and BCU (bay control unit). IEC 61850 Certified ed 2.
The IRF Feeder Protection Relay is applicable in any substation scheme. The protection functions are suitable for any neutral configuration, solid-grounded, resistor grounded, Petersen coil compensated, and isolated.
The powerful programmable logic features selectable execution times according to the required priority (2 ms, 10 ms and 20 ms). Includes many digital and analog operators, which allows the creation of complex protection and control functions.
Feeder Protection Relay Key Features
- Saturation: CT saturation detection is based on the current derivative. The detector modifies the overcurrent units operating principle when activated. Overcurrent units use instantaneous voltage besides RMS voltage, allowing for less strict CT requirements.
- Directional units: Directional units determine the direction of the fault in complex scenarios such as: zero voltage faults, voltage inversion faults in series compensated lines, faults in isolated or compensated neutral grids, and more.
- Protection Schemes: Directional overcurrent units include DTT, PUTT, POTT, DCUB and DCB schemes, allowing instantaneous operation for faults inside 100% of the line.
- Restricted Earth Fault: The REF unit detects transformer winding faults located very close to the neutral point. In addition to the neutral differential unit, the Restricted Earth Fault Unit includes a directional comparison unit that increases security against external faults with CT saturation. The IED has low and high impedance Restricted Earth Faults unit
General characteristics of the “ZIV e-NET flex family” protection relays:
- Powerful programable logic. 9 2000 event log. Up to 100 oscillography seconds.
- Alphanumeric or graphic display.
- 160 DI, 80 DO, and 22 LEDs.
- Bonding, RSTP, PRP and HSR Redundancy.
- IEC 61850 Ed.2, DNP3.0, Modbus RTU and PROCOME Protocols.
- Native process bus. Analog input cards operate as Merging Units for the CPU. Synchronized samples at 4800 Hz (as per IEC 61869-9).
- Cybersecurity in accordance with IEC 62351, IEC 62443 and IEEE 1686-2013 standards. RBAC, secure keys, physical and logical port disabling, cybersecurity event log, securing of management protocols (PROCOME, HTTPS, SFTP, SSH), remote authentication (LDAP, RADIUS) and digital firmware securitization.
- Time synchronization by IRIG-B, SNTP and PTP (Ordinary Clock / Transparent Clock).
- Instructions Manual: M0IRFA2206Iv07 (2023 / 06 / 06)
- Data Sheet: H0IRFA1807Iv03 (E) H0IRFA2203Fv00 (F) H0IRFAA2203Pv00 (PT)- rev 04.2022