The world needs energy security and this means faster expansion of renewables. ZIV is partnering with Utilities to maximize network capacity by connecting more renewable energy and storage technology.
As the utilities increase the generating capacity connected to the existing electrical networks with the addition of Wind, Solar, Battery Storage and other methods of generation, there are certain considerations that need to be taken in to account to ensure the reliable and safe operation of the existing network. Ideally, they would like to maximize the connection of renewable generation, wherever possible, and therefore a solution is required to address these issues.
To meet the driver to connect more renewable, distributed generation, Active Network Management (ANM) is viewed as a key enabler. ZIV is a technology leader in this area, thanks to its innovative solution that utilizes AI along with other technologies to analyze network constraints in real time and, supporting operational decisions. The outcome of ANM systems is that utilities, generators and customers all benefit from increased network efficiency and improved supply.
ZIV has just organized a series of three webinars to help understand how ANM systems can accelerate renewables integration.
“Renewable energy generation needs to expand even faster. Along decarbonization, green energy generation is a key growth vector for ZIV. We continue to focus on innovation to be one of the trusted technological providers of the main EPCs, promoters and utilities that are driving the market evolution”.
Borja Negro, ZIV CEO
Watch here the 1st webinar - ANM Benefits
👉 NEED FOR ANM
- To provide a reliable and safe way of adding quantities of DERs to the existing network.
- Identify and manage network constraints in real time
- Delaying the need for expensive reinforcement of the existing grid
- Ensures that DERs operate within the Grid Code
👉 👉 USES FOR ANM
- Managing Thermal constraints in real time during periods of high generation
- Managing High voltage when there is low demand and high generation
- Dynamic voltage stability requiring reactive power compensation
- Optimise the connection of DERs on the network
- Provide operational support for Trading Platforms
👉 👉👉 VPP MANAGEMENT: functionality
- Optimise the selection of DERs to balance Grid demand based on LIFO, Cost, technical or agreed model
- Managing Thermal and Voltage constraints during selection of DERs
- Forecasting generation capacity for day-ahead or Week-ahead using the Predictor module
- Schedule the dispatching of energy from the controllable DERs for the future, or in real time
- Provide operational support for Trading Platform
- Audit actual services provided by the VPP system
👉👉👉👉 CENTRALISED or DECENTRALISED ANM? : why not both?
ZIV Aplicaciones y Tecnologia is a company based in the North of Spain offering a complete portfolio of digital protection &control, metering, communication, monitoring and automation equipment and systems for generation, transmission and distribution electric utilities, industries and EPC contractors worldwide. With a commitment to innovation, to an open and flexible approach, and to teamwork, ZIV has grown to become a leader in SMART SOLUTIONS for HV, MV and LV Grids – serving customers in more than 85 countries.