IEC-61850 Ethernet Substation Switch
The SW3 is a Gigabit/Fast Ethernet substation switch specially designed to perform switching functions (L2) and IPv4 routing functions (L3).
Level 2 capabilities enable deployment of big scale LANs when the main requirements are: port density, switching performance, and logical complexity.
Level 3 capabilities offer routing functionality between two or more configured VLANs, with each VLAN being made up of a set of local ports (Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet). The routing process is performed by hardware, that is, at wire speed for unicast traffic.
As a level 2 switch, SW3 brings the necessary capabilities to implement the automation of electrical substations according to the IEC 61850 standard. The SW3 supports the SNMPv1, SNMPv2c and SNMPv3 management protocols, the RIPv1, RIPv2, OSPFv2 and BGPv4 routing protocols, the VRRP redundancy protocol, as well as other protocols and services such as LLDP, GARP/GMRP, IGMP, DHCP, NTP/SNTP, TACACS+ and RADIUS.
It can be managed locally and remotely, through a console or a built‑in web server (HTTP/HTTPS), SSH and Telnet server. It is provided in a 19” shelf that is 1 s.u. in height, prepared for rack mounting.
- Complies with IEEE 1613 & IEC 61850-3 standards.
- Brings the necessary capabilities to implement the automation of Electrical Substations according to the IEC 61850 standard.
- Supports IEEE 1588v2 clock synchronization (Precision Time Protocol) standard, in Transparent Clock (TC) P2P mode (optional)
- Flexibility in number and type of ports.
- Front or rear port arrangement.
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet SFP bays and up to 32 Fast Ethernet ports (RJ-45, MT-RJ, ST, SC, LC, LC SM) or up to 24 IEEE 1588 (PTP) ports.
- Digital I/O (managed via SNMP).
- Layer 3 capabilities (RIPv1, RIPv2, OSPFv2 & BGPv4 routing protocols).
- Configurable priority for each port.
- QoS features to identify critical services.
- Advanced RSTP implementation.
- Local and remote access through a local console, Telnet Server and SSH server, or through a built-in web server (HTTP/HTTPS).
- SNMPv1, SNMPv2c and SNMPv3 agent.
- LLDP, GARP/GMRP, DHCP, NTP/SNTP, VRRP, management access with TACACS+, and client equipment access control with RADIUS.
- IGMP snooping.
- Q-in-Q operation (double-tagged).
- Link aggregation by LAG function (static), according to IEEE 802.1ad.
- Compact 19″/1 s.u. chassis.