Combined sensor & PLC coupler for MV power lines
The CAMS-10K is designed to solve voltage measurement and Powerline Communications (PLC) transmission through Medium Voltage (MV) lines for overhead and underground cable, in masonry switchgear and air insulated switchgear (AIS).
It consists of one compact block, which integrates a capacitive PLC coupler and a voltage divider.
- Complete solution for distribution grid monitoring.
- Indoor (masonry switchgear and AIS) and outdoor use.
- Frequency range: 100 kHz ÷ 10 MHz.
- Coupling type: Phase-to-ground by capacitor of 10 nF±20%.
- System voltage (between phases): 24 kVrms.
- Accuracy: ±1%.
- Protection elements:
MV side: draining to earth of 50 Hz current and gas surge arrester.
LV side: gas surge arrester.
- Nominal impedances:
PLC side: 50 Ω (balanced).
Measurement side load impedance: 1MΩ (unbalanced) <400pF.
Line side: 200 Ω ÷ 400 Ω.
- Line connection: M12 hex head screw (tubular blade terminal).
- Earth/Mounting: three M12 hex head screws.
- Connection to the communication equipment by means of a shielded RG-174 coaxial cable of 1 meter that ends in an SMA connector.
- Connection to the measurement equipment by means of a shielded RG-174 coaxial cable referred to earth of 1 meter that ends in an SMA connector.
- Instructions Manual: M0CMS10K2206Iv02_CAMS-10K_R2-I - rev 06.2022