Overfrequency and Underfrequency Protection, Metering and Communications
Frequency is one of the defining parameters for “Power Quality” in electrical networks. During normal system operation (balanced generation and load) the power system frequency remains stable and usually very close to its rated value. When fault conditions are present or in this situations where the generation – load balance is disturbed, the frequency value changes upsetting the system stability. The FGI provides the system with a sensitive, fast and reliable protection against these abnormal situations.
- Over/under frequency protection.
- Additional over/under Voltage and ground overvoltage protection.
- Load-shedding facility.
- Out-of-step protection.
- Serial ports for remote communication (electric and fiber).
- Complete IEC61850 and Conventional SAS.
- Substation Automation And Telecommunication Systems