Protection relay for distribution feeders, transformers and generators, transmission line backup, and BCU (bay control unit). IEC 61850 Certified ed 2.
The IRF is applicable in any substation scheme, from single / double bus, to ring-bus or breakerand- a-half substations. The IRF protection functions are suitable for any neutral configuration, solid-grounded, resistor-grounded, Petersen coil compensated, and isolated. Depending on the IRF model, it is applicable to three-pole and single-pole circuit breakers.
The breaker failure protection, synchrocheck and recloser can supervise two circuit breakers. The powerful programmable logic features selectable execution times according to the required priority (2 ms, 10 ms and 20 ms). Includes many digital and analog operators, which allows the creation of complex protection and control functions.
- Saturation Detector. CT saturation detection is based on the current derivative. The detector modifies the overcurrent units operating principle when activated. Overcurrent units use instantaneous voltage besides RMS voltage, allowing for less strict CT requirements.
- Directional units. Directional units determine the direction of the fault in complex scenarios such as: zero voltage faults, voltage inversion faults in series compensated lines, faults in isolated or compensated neutral grids, and more.
- Protection Schemes. Directional overcurrent units include DTT, PUTT, POTT, DCUB and DCB schemes, allowing instantaneous operation for faults inside 100% of the line.
- Restricted Earth Fault. The REF unit detects transformer winding faults located very close to the neutral point. In addition to the neutral differential unit, the restricted earth fault unit includes a
directional comparison unit that increases security against external faults with CT saturation.
- Communication between IEDs
- Up to 4 ports: Communication without redundancy with up to 4 remote ends or with redundancy with up to 2 remote ends.
- Selectable speed: from 1 x 64 kbit/s up to 2 Mbit/s.
- Multimode or single mode FO interfaces (optional SFPs).
- Communication with SDH multiplexers via C37.94 or via ZIV model F2MUX optical-electric converter that integrates G703 and V35 output interfaces.
- Up to 16 digital signals can be exchanged between terminals to implement teleprotection schemes.
- General characteristics of the “ZIV e-NET flex family”:
- Powerful programable logic
- 2000 event log. Up to 100 oscillography seconds
- Alphanumeric or graphic display
- Easy HW expansion without FW updates
- Unused protection elements can be hidden
- Custom mapping of physical current and voltage inputs to protection elements
- Can be used to protect multiple bays
- Up to 20 analog channels, 160 DI, 80 DO, and 22 LEDs
- Bonding, RSTP, PRP and HSR redundancy
- IEC 61850 ed. 1 & ed. 2 protocols, DNP3.0, Modbus RTU and PROCOME
- Native process bus. Analog input cards operate as Merging Units for the CPU. Synchronized samples at 4800 Hz (as per IEC 61869-9)
- Cybersecurity in accordance with IEC 62351 and IEEE 1686-2013 standards. RBAC, secure keys, physical and logical port disabling, cybersecurity event log, and securing of management protocols (PROCOME, HTTPS, SFTP, SSH)
- Time synchronization by IRIG-B, SNTP and PTP (Ordinary Clock / Transparent Clock)