The IRV-Z integrates Protection, Control and Metering functions with the complete functionality of a Bus Differential Bay Unit
IRV-Z systems are designed for medium voltage lines, transformers, generators and feeders in general where a complete protection of the position is required, in Substations where it has been planned or it can be planned in the future, the installation of the Bus Differential Protection Unit. The reduction of the cost, due to the integration of the Line Protection and Differential Position in unique equipment, makes the implementation viable of the Bus Differential Protection Unit in substations where before it was not it.
- Software and hardware functions that enable exchanging all the information required by Bus Differential Protection with the Central Bus Differential Protection Unit.
- Phase current, bus breaker status, and breaker status are retrieved, processed, and transmitted through the IRV-Z to the Central Bus Differential Protection Unit.
- The bay trip (by Differential Trip, on Breaker Failure, or Digital Input) is always activated by the Bus Differential Central Unit (DBC) and can be configured as relay auxiliary output.
- Overcurrent supervision element, per phase, of the differential protection trip and remote end trip by communications.
- Ground overcurrent supervision element of the Bus Differential Protection Trip.
- Overcurrent supervision element, per phase of breaker failure trip.
- Ground overcurrent supervision element of the Bus Breaker Failure Protection Trip.
- Dynamic Zone logic element to prevent accidental bus trips, on faults between the current transformer and the breaker.
- Complete IEC61850 and Conventional SAS.
- Substation Automation And Telecommunication Systems
- Instructions Manual: BIRV1804Zv01