MV PLC communications – Distribution Line Carrier for urban environment
Main applications: Data transmission in mid-distance levels (urban environment) + Connectivity between Distribution Transformer Centers (DTC).
The main purpose of the ZBP-1 is data transport for services in Medium Voltage Secondary Substations to a Primary Substation. The ZBP-1 is a good option for transmitting data at high speed between Distribution Transformer Centers, using the existing infrastructure (medium-voltage power lines).
The ZBP-1 allows transmission of data at high speed over short medium-voltage power lines. To achieve this goal, the system makes use of an Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM) modulation.
The channel is constantly evaluated in such a way that the carriers that are affected by noise or interferences can automatically reduce its base modulation or even not be used at all.
The ZBP-1 is made up of a mechanical chassis, which houses the power supply and digital modem unit.
- Data transmission in mid-distance levels (urban environment).
- Designed to ensure connectivity between Distribution Transformer Centers (DTC).
- Frequency range: selectable by the user from 2 MHz to 12 MHz or 2 MHz to 14 MHz, depending on the model.
- OFDM modulation with 296 or 380 useful carriers, depending on the model.
- QPSK/QAM modulation applied to each carrier.
- Turbo code by Forward Error Correction (FEC).
- Transmission rate: to 28 Mbit/s or 36 Mbit/s, depending on the model
- Distance: up to 5 km.
- 1 Ethernet port.
- Line connection: BNC connector.
- Local and remote management through a console or a built-in web server (HTTP/HTTPS), SSH and Telnet server.