ZIV provides the most comprehensive Active Network Management (ANM) solutions on the market today. We offer complete turnkey solutions from the DER connection hardware to the Centralised Management software controlling entire DSO regions.
ZIV’s Advanced Energy Automation Platform manages and optimises all distributed energy resources (generation and load) within the network constraint limits.
The platform enables a range of flexible services to be provided, from TSO network support to DNO network management.
ZIV’s Advanced Energy Automation Platform provides solutions at 3 levels.:
- Level 1 management at the DER interface.
- Level 2 management at the substation / zone level.
- Level 3 centralised management across larger geographic areas.
ANM Level 1, 2, 3 Offerings
Level 1 – DER CONTROLLER
Level 1 DER Controller is an essential element of any ANM scheme. It’s the interface unit to monitor and control the output of any DER, Generation or Load (e.g. Wind/Solar Farm, Battery Storage,..). This multi-function controller provides:
Level 2 – ANM SUBSTATION CONTROLLER
Level 2 ANM Substation Controller is a distributed Substation/Zone Controller operating a localised ANM scheme. It manages the local generation and loads to deliver the ANM services within the network constraints.
Level 3 – CENTRALISED CONTROLLER
Level 3 ANM Controller is a centralised DERMS/ANM platform operating wide area multi GSP schemes. It secures the network against thermal and voltage violations and supports multiple flexibility services.
- Setpoint / Trip control to DER
- MW, Mvar, V and PF operating modes
- Intelligent failsafe operation
- Local operation display
- Connection Voltage control
- PQ curve monitoring and alarming
- Active Constraint Management
- Adaptive network optimisation
- Provision of flexibility services
- MW, Mvar, PF control services
- Fault level monitoring
- Pre/Post Fault Curtailment
- Transmission / Distribution DERMS/ANM
- Multiple GSPs – wide area schemes
- Provision of flexibility services across SO/TO boundary
- Constraint Management / Virtual Power Plant
- Blackstart / Microgrid
- CIM based model with data driven architecture
- Integrate multiple Level 2 and Level 1 Control schemes